Friday 23 May 2008

ooh eerr my first post.

I have not chose the best time to kick off my first posting on my blog but that is very typical of me!!! I will warn you in advance that I am highly disorganised, totally arkward and do things in a very strange and surreal way (well the last one is according to hubby but I do drive him nuts with it so he is entitled to his opinion). I suppose another way of putting it is I usually do things arse backwards but I was breech at birth and I haven't been able to stop since!
I currently have a very bored 3 year old nagging me and lying half on my older sons bed and half on the chair I'm sitting on kicking me in the back in order to gain my attention. The problem is after a couple of aborted attemps because the pc was playing up or my brain was hiding I've actually managed to get to this point and I'm a little scared that if I stop now I'll lose all this and it will take me a fortnight to figure it back out!
This is supposed to be my knitting blog and that is what I intend to use it for but I apologise in advance that my family life will be contstantly banging on the door to come in (or kicking my back). I suppose the two are interwoven so its inevitable.
I can't promise to be witty, entertaining or intelligent and any humour on here will very probably be unintended, usually my spelling I would imagine! I will however try and if I'm the only person who reads it then fine nothing ventured nothing gained.

4 comments:

bunches of yarn said...

Hi knitternicky, welcome to the knitting blog cybercountry. You will do well. The more you blog the easier it becomes, and the better you will manage going from 'publish this post' to 'save as draft' without a blink of the eye.
I found that, if there will be anticipated interruptions, it is better (for me) to type the bulk of what I want to say, in my typing program, and then copy and paste it to the blog. I lost a long post once--and...there is no 'undo' in blogger. That was not fun.

Have fun knitting and sharing it with us.
See you soon ^__^

knitternicky said...

Thank you so much for your lovely comments. You willl have to excuse me, I just had a "blinking" episode, not quite able to believe the email informing me somone had read my blog and been kind enough to leave a comment. I shall go to bed a very happy woman. Thanks again.

knitternicky said...

Sorry if that seems confusing I've just looked at the time difference it's half past midnight here in Birmingham, England and way past my bedtime but I fell asleep knitting again.

Anonymous said...

I am going to enjoy reading your blog nicky.