Wednesday 17 June 2009

Conk the Clown

Well the gremlins are still present, I thought after the party things would settle down and I would get a little time to sort things out, but no, I'm still running round like a headless chicken getting nothing done fast.


A lot has happened in a few weeks as well as the boys joint birthday party, my daughter Leigh-Ann turned 21, I also had a birthday but I'm only admitting that I'm still 30something even though the boys tried to upset me by writing 41 etc all over my card. Yeah yeah very funny NOT. There was also Ravelry day in Coventry where I met up with a fellow Fekker Sash 2 for the first time, she is lovely and we had a great time but that will be another post in the very near future.


Today's post is a few photos of the boys joint birthday party, it was on Fri 5th June and we (OK mainly me) was very very worried about the weather. I had counted on having the party in the garden when I had let the boys invite 35 classmates and family members and despite the week before being glorious the weather started to go downhill as the party day approached. I think I have sold my soul in order for the weather to hold, I begged and borrowed favours from everyone I knew up in the heavens for it to be dry but it certainly seemed to do the trick. Despite a few teasing drops at 2.00pm when the party was due to start at 2.15pm it held on and the sun even came out for a view of Conk the Clown and his very funny act. He had adults and children in stitches and was worth every penny we paid. He got the adults up for a rendition of Old McDonald and they were laughing so mush they couldn't make the noises, I am led to believe there is a video of my MIL trying to be the pig on Youtube somewhere! I have asked for the link and when I receive it I shall put it on here. My BIL has it on his phone and has been keeping himself very entertained by repeatedly watching it! Despite all the distractions in the garden like the trampoline and climbing frames etc the children still for the most part sat and watched and enjoyed his magic act. Even hubby who had been chuntering for weeks about paying for a bloody bloke in a red nose was very impressed, I even had a high 5 from him after the event.
On the whole the party went very well, one or two accidents on the limbing frame etc but with how many children were there I was impressed with how smoothly it went. The weather stayed with us til 6pm. The party finished at 5.15pm and I had been praying til 5pm at which point I would have coped with all the kids and adults for 15 mins inside but the Gods smiled on us and 6pm was perfect because it meant the garden got tidied up as well but my house stayed clean and tidy too.
Like a switch had been flipped the heavens opened at 6pm and I think it rained for pretty much 48 hours straight but I didn't care even though it was Ravelry day the next day and all the stalls were outside.
I would like to say thank you for all the help on the day I had. My MIL Doreen , my SIL's Sue and Laura, my friend Liz and the mums Donna and Emma who all helped with loading plates of food and distributing drinks for the children, mopping up spills, tiding away leftover food and used plates etc and helping with washing up etc. You all helped to make the day much easier. You were much apprieciated.

No comments: