Thursday 26 February 2009

And Run 3

Now I hear you ask, what the..... two posts in two days!!! No I haven't gone stark raving bonkers honestly, I'm just never gonna catch up on all the pre Christmas stuff if I only post one a fortnight so yesterdays post took 30mins albeit the layout looks like Max and Zakk put it together but after 30 mins I decided that no amount of me playing with it was going to get my pics placed where I wanted them and the txt to appear where I wanted, that coupled with the fact I was cutting it very close to collecting the boys from school! Oh and here we go again with the layout it's already not doing what I want it to. Are there online tutorials for this?? If so if anyone could tell me I would be very grateful.
These are another two pressies, one was for my niece Paige for crimbo and the other was for Mike, Leigh-Ann's boyfriend for his birthday which is on New Years Eve.
Paige's were knit in Regia 4 color and the pattern was taken from Knitting Magazine 044 and the pattern is called Alternate Steps. It was a good pattern for this type of self patterning yarn as it showed it off well and vice versa. I was quite pleased with how they came out as they were my first proper attempt at a pair of socks although if they hadn't been a gift I suspect that I would have developed the dreaded SSS (second sock syndrome), I started and finished the first with a lot of enthusiasm but when it came to casting on the second I just kept putting it off and finding other things to start instead. I think it was nearly a month before the second one got done.


I got the pattern for Mikes socks from another British magazine, Lets Knit issue 3. The pattern was called Twist and I have to say I enjoyed doing these socks a lot more. Maybe because these were done in DK and so knitted up a lot quicker. I can't tell you a lot about the yarn apart from the fact that it came from Ebay and was listed as DK sock yarn. I'm not too sure of the fibre content even put I'm presuming there was a half decent wool content seeing as though it was listed as sock yarn. I have to confess I do love the green/brown mix in the colours of which is not done justice by my very dodgy photography skills.


No comments: