Monday 2 February 2009

Snow snow snow snow snow snow

This what my back garden looks like in the Siberian conditions we are having in the UK at the moment. This is the first sprinkle that came this morning. Apparently in the Midlands we are to get a proper dusting sometime this afternoon/teatime. I have plenty of food in, plenty of stash (as you can see from my previous posting) and it's great playing outside with the kids in it. They were a little gutted they had to go to school today, although I have just had a txt to tell me a friend of mine has just pulled her kids out of school so they can go home and make a snowman! Noooo I'm not doing that, there will be plenty of time when they get home and hopefully B/ham city council will have a blanket closure tomorrow of all schools tomorrow if the big flurry does arrive later.
Also a plus is I got to wear the hat I knitted myself a few weeks ago when I had to run some errands this morning. i knitted I for myself after walking the neighbours dog the other week and my head and ears got cold. When I showed hubby and tried it on he was not very complimentary on how I looked in it so I'd put it in the hat/glove basket a little disappointed but it was so cold this morning I thought stuff it and wore it anyway. No one openly started pointing at me in the street shouting HA HA, mainly because it was coming down quite thick at the time and every ones heads were down trying to avoid being blinded by snowflakes. The pattern is An Unoriginal Hat by Stephanie Pearl-McPhee http://www.yarnharlot.ca/blog/archives/2007/11/06/an_unoriginal_hat.html
and is just how she describes it, easy and quick. Quicker for me as I think the tension for my yarn was slightly out, I decreased slightly earlier and so did a few less rows overall as it would have come down past my nose. I used Sirdar Denim Ultra and it took pretty much one ball exactly. The colour is waterlily.


No comments: