Wednesday 25 February 2009

Run and post 2

OK so its been way longer than I anticipated before I've managed another blog post. It's another quickie of stuff from before Christmas. This lot were some pressies that I did for my brother, his partner, an ex work colleague/friend (Sue) back in the dark days where I had to work for a living (before the two youngest came along) and for my neighbours girlfriend (Emma) who I didn't know very well at the time but seeing as though he gets a pressie I could not leave her out. Sue and Emma got the same thing, a neck warmer in the same yarn, same length etc. The buttons were different but I only took a pic of the one so you get the idea.
The pattern for the grey scarf and hat is called THIS WAY UP . The pattern is a freebie available here http://www.mamastopknitting.typepad.com/mastopknitting.typepad.com/opknitting.typepad.com/ and I found it on Ravelry. A deceptively simple pattern the scarf knitted in chunky only took a day. The hat needs some tweaking still on the decreasing but as I improvised the pattern for the hat but as soon as my brother brings it round I'll get round to it. The khaki coloured hat and scarf were for his partner George and the pattern for the scarf is from here http://www.flintknits.com/blog/?p=141 . Again I had to improvise a pattern for the hat which also needs a little tweaking but next time they visit.... you know the same as before.
The neck warmers were based on the ONE ROW HAND SPUN SCARF by Stephanie (Yarn harlot) Pearl Mcphee and can be found here http://www.yarnharlot.ca/blog/archives/2006/10/12/one_row_handspun_scarf.htmllot.ca/blog/archives/2006/10/12/one_row_handspun_scarf.html . I didn't have time to knit complete scarf so the neckwarmer was a good compromise.


No comments: