Sunday 17 May 2009

Another FO WHOO HOO

YEY I have yet another finished object, it is another that has been finished for a while but I had to order a zip online blah blah blah and then take it to have the zip put in because my sewing skills are so poor and my sewing machine is STILL waiting to be repaired :0(

I started this 12 months ago for Zakk but it went into hibernation behind the settee over the winter as I'd reached a point where I had to make a decision on how I was going to do the yoke. It is part designed by myself / part heavily modified pattern from somewhere else. I couldn't make up my mind whether to do the yoke as one piece with sleeves at the same time or each section individually and sew it all up after. I did it all in one in the end and the only sewing up is the lower part of the sleeves.I took a lot of notes early so I could attempt to write it up and eventually publish the pattern on here and/or Ravelry. I need to make one for Max too so I will have the opportunity to test what I have written and try a smaller size at the same time, you never know it may well appear here one day.
It was knitted in two shades of Patons Fab, I brought over a year ago in House of Fraser, Birmingham and the blue one is an air force/denim type blue shade 02312 and the red is quite a cherry red shade 02322. The zip was bought online and the shade is Saxe blue. I think I got it from here http://www.doughtysonline.co.uk/nylon-open-end-zip-41cm-saxe-blue-5030121018511.htmlughtysonline.co.uk/nylon-open-end-zip-41cm-saxe-blue-5030121018511.html.
I'm quite chuffed at how it came out, considering I finished it a year later it fits quite well although when I picked it back up I did add some extra length to it.
He has had it on all weekend. Of course the main reason he loves it is because it is technically claret and blue. The same colours as his beloved Aston Villa. Note to self, anything claret and blue Zakk will wear including my knitted stuff ;0)

2 comments:

Sheila said...

wow nicky that looks beautiful, well done girl!!!!

knitternicky said...

Thank you Sheila, I'm pretty pleased with it.