Wednesday 6 May 2009

My Needles Are Smokin........

Well I have been busy with the pins. These are both hot off the needles last night, finishing on them took forever BTW.
These are two summer style short sleeved cardies taken from the new for this season Sirdar Juicy Book, the pattern support for the new Juicy DK yarn out this spring. Unfortunately my LYS isn't stocking the yarn yet! so I substituted them for other DK yarns.
They were both knitted for Charlotte my friend's daughter, it was her birthday yesterday but she only just got them on her birthday thanks to my HUGE underestimation of how long they would take to finish.
The cream one is design D taken from the book Lacy Yoke Cardi. I've knitted size age 10-11, chest size 30in/76cm. It's a really simple lace pattern but very pretty. It is also available as a long sleeved design but I opted for the short sleeves for quickness.It is knitted in King Cole Smooth, which is very soft and has a cotton like sheen to it but it is acrylic so is machine washable and can also be tumble dried on low. Charlotte's mum is a busy working mum and also heavily pregnant at the mo so hand washing etc is a big no no.

The blue one is design H Short Sleeved Frill Edge
Bolero, this is also available in 3/4 length sleeves but again the short sleeves was a time frame thing. Sssshhhh I knitted it in a cheap acrylic aarrggghhhh!! Teddy Vanguard. It was given to me by a friend of my MIL about two weeks ago. She found it whilst having a sort out along with a few other knitting bits and bobs, a few sets of needles and stitch holders etc. I had a choice, it was either open the wardrobe door and risk not being able to close it again to find room to squeeze it in there or use it. The button is one of the blue mother of pearl buttons from my last post.
It is a very pretty and a very easy knit to do, I just wish I hadn't put myself under so much pressure time wise so I could have enjoyed knitting it more! I do like the finished effect though.I also think it looks lovely on her but then I am biased. I'm also very chuffed that she seems to like them.
Charlotte's mum's baby is due in around 6 weeks and it is also her younger sisters birthday next month, ooh err I'd better get clicking.....

No comments: