Thursday 30 April 2009

Shiny Pretty Things

Well, it is virtually impossible to have a yarn fetish with out developing a fetish for something else too. I'm talking buttons here, they are pretty, shiny, beautiful and (as an afterthought) practical to boot. Now compared to my yarn stash my button collection is a little woeful, but it is one that was started from scratch and the only time I ever think to add to it is when I don't have a button to hand that I need, so it tends to have sporadic bulk additions once in a blue moon which is strange because I do love playing with them and sorting through them etc. I envy those of you out there that inherited button jars etc from grandma's and moms and aunties etc. You are so lucky honestly. Anything retro or vintage in my collection has come from eBay or charity shops and that doesn't sound as nice as a heirloom!

Anyway after investigating my button tubs for a button to go on Frosted Blossom (previous post) and then my local LYS and the House of Fraser in Birmingham city center (never thought to try the rag market, need to make a trip up there soon but they sell yarn too and that makes me very nervous for obvious reasons) I sort of stumbled across these whilst resorting to internet hunting.

So these are just a few bargains that arrived this morning.
These were all bought from eBay, the first pic shows some brand new buttons, two lots of mother of pearl, one white and one blue. Very reasonable I thought at 10 for 50p of each. the ivory heart buttons and car buttons are also quite sweet and they were both 10 for 99p. They came from eBay seller The Kraft Box http://stores.ebay.co.uk/The-Kraft-Box . The postage was very good value too, I hate sellers who overcharge for postage and frequently decide to choose another seller with more reasonable rates if possible. delivery was quite quick and it was well packaged with good communication. Buying more than one purchase you need to ask for revised p&p as each additional item costs just an extra 1p but it isn't automatic at checkout. My revised invoice was very quick though so not a problem. My total was £3.77 including p&p.
Second photo shows a job lot from a private seller, all second hand but some lovely ones there all the same. This whole lot I won for 40p plus p&p, so not a bad haul for £1.39 in all. It is amazing how cheap it is to make me happy!! The pics I'm afraid are not doing them justice, there are some very pretty ones in there.
The last photo shows my favourites and I have a feeling I'm going to be going through my Ravelry queue fairly soon to see which designs only need single buttons so I have an excuse to use them ;0)




No comments: