Tuesday 28 April 2009

Click Click I've Been Busy


Whoo Hoo, I have another FO. And this one is a proper garment that took ages. It was also finished ages ago (well a about 3 weeks or so) but it has been waiting for a button, I had trouble finding one big enough that I liked but I struck gold yesterday whilst browsing t'internet.
Hubby reckons this is one of my best ever, he actually likes this jacket and as if that wasn't a big bonus I have the double whammy that it fits me well too. It is in fact a perfect fit. It also looks better on me (honest) than it looks in the pic. In regards to taking photos David Bailey I am most definitely not!!!!

The design is by Wendy Wool and is called Frosted Blossom and I got the pattern from Simply Knitting magazine issue no49 Jan 09.

It is a design for Wendy Zena yarn but I used Sirdar Aran with wool and the shade is Cinnamon. It was another bargain buy from http://www.kempswoolshop.co.uk/ about 18 or so months ago. I used just under 650grms for the size 16 (bust size 38in 97cm) which in yardage is a smidgen under 1500 or 1397.0 m.
I do have to say though that the moss stitch took forever, but worth it in the end.
The button is a Dill 60mm and came from http://www.craftshopsupply.co.uk/products/dill-60mm-round-buttons/12/ and was a very reasonable price along with very reasonable p&p costs. Although the selection of buttons wasn't huge (a thing most places seem to have in common) I recommend this place as my service was excellent. Firstly for speed, I ordered it yesterday lunchtime and it arrived this morning. Secondly communication was very good with emails to notify me to confirm my order, and that it had been dispatched an hour or two later. Thirdly it was well packaged. I will certainly visit them again.
Ps I just fixed the Kemps links. Sorry for putting in a bad linky :( they should work now.

No comments: