Wednesday 8 April 2009

A Whole Load of Stash Enhancement Going On..:-)

OK so I may not have been doing much knitting (well OK I am now but this lot is from I wasn't) but I couldn't stop myself from being a very very very naughty girl. If anyone knows where I can get lessons in willpower, restraint or resistance then please let know, heavens I certainly need it.

This is little lot is from a week of madness two weeks ago now, it has been hibernating since purchased whilst I come to terms with my guilt. It started with the King Cole Smooth, in my local LYS. I also bought a pattern book to go with it but have only remembered that as I typed this up so it isn't in the pics, It's the new Juicy DK pattern book from Sirdar and there are some very pretty patterns in there, it was the cover pattern I wanted the t-shirt with leaf yoke detail. I'll try and get round to adding a piccie later.



Next came a bit of info from a forum I use called Free and Easy Knitters (Hi Girls) where someone (who shall remain nameless) supplied the info that some Rowan as well as other bits on there had been reduced on http://www.kempswoolshop.co.uk/ and I'm afraid the yarn demons sort of took over, all I can say is I woke up on the bed in a daze a few days later...... well at least I wish I could say that but I am as usual guilty as charged you honor .




The last three pics are some stuff bought from House Of Fraser in Birmingham city center. As well as having a two day sale which included the haberdashery dept I also had a whisper from the Brum Knit Night forum on Ravelry (to which I do manage to attend occasionally although never get there as often as I would like) that not only that but they also had a basket full of stuff for 50p a ball from which the labels had been lost. Some of these I have a fair idea of what they are but others I need to do a little sleuthing to know their true identity.

I also got these three balls of Rowan Calmer for half price because they were a little untidy!!


The RYC cashsoft was also 50p a ball, looks like it was a straggler that didn't sell in the sale.



No comments: